This Business Development Manager job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Business Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Developing a business development strategy focused on financial gain
- Arranging business development meetings with prospective clients
Hiring a business development manager? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our clientele. You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy.
The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Develop entry level staff into valuable salespeople
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role
- Proven sales track record
- Experience in customer support is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Proficiency in English
- Market knowledge
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
Download this ready-to-use business development manager job description example in a pdf format.
Assess your candidates with our Business Development Representative interview questions.