Business Development Manager job description
A Business Development Manager is a professional who is responsible for the growth of their department. They work with their sales team to develop mutually beneficial proposals, negotiate contract terms and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
This Business Development Manager job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Business Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Developing a business development strategy focused on financial gain
- Arranging business development meetings with prospective clients
Hiring a business development manager? Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our clientele. You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy.
The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Develop entry level staff into valuable salespeople
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role
- Proven sales track record
- Experience in customer support is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Proficiency in English
- Market knowledge
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
Download this ready-to-use business development manager job description example in a pdf format.
Frequently asked questions
What does a Business Development Manager do?
A Business Development Manager is responsible for helping organizations obtain better brand recognition and financial growth. They coordinate with company executives and sales & marketing professionals to review current market trends in order to propose new business ideas that can improve revenue margins.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Business Development Manager?
The Business Development Manager is often the first point of contact a new potential client will have with your company when they are seeking information about what you offer. They respond to RFPs and vendors, developing sales in territories that haven't bought the company’s type of product line before.
What makes a good Business Development Manager?
An effective Business Development Manager will have the skills needed to build long-standing and successful relationships with key clients. They'll also need a clear, decisive way of communicating so that they can adapt solutions for different needs on behalf of their clients.
Who does a Business Development Manager work with?
Business Development Managers usually work closely with other Sales Representatives to identify and close new business deals or expand existing business opportunities. They also work directly with customers to help close deals when needed, so they must have good customer service skills and a strong understanding of their company’s products and services.
Hiring Business Development Manager job description
Post this Business Development Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.