This sample of National Account Manager interview questions will help you assess candidates’ skills to hire the best person for your company. Feel free to add interview questions to meet your specific job requirements.
National Account Manager Interview Questions
National Account Managers coordinate with Area Managers to develop sales strategies that align with business goals. Their role is strongly linked to company growth, so search for candidates with experience in building profitable, long-term relationships with clients.
As with all sales roles, your candidates should be strong communicators, negotiators and problem-solvers. The National Account Manager must be able to analyze performance metrics and set goals. These examples of interview questions will help you understand how your candidates’ experience and knowledge will benefit your company.
During your hiring process, ask your candidates about their flexibility to travel, as this role includes regular visits to different stores/districts. Also, use behavioral and situational questions to test how each candidate approaches challenging projects and multi-tasking.
Operational and Situational questions
- We’re planning to scale our Account Management team. Can you give some examples of interview questions for Regional Managers?
- A store failed to reach its monthly sales quota. What would you do: approach the Store Manager or talk to the entire team? Why?
- How would you identify new sales opportunities for our company?
- How would you onboard and train a new hire on your team?
- How often do you schedule meetings with the Area Managers?
- What CRM software are you familiar with?
- What are the most effective employee performance review methods? Why?
- This role requires frequent travel. Are you willing to travel for work? What is your flexibility?
- What’s the most challenging project you’ve worked on so far? What was your role?
- This position is quota-driven and can be stressful. How do you stay calm and motivate your team?
- Did you ever face conflicts on your team? What caused the conflicts, and how did you handle them?
- Have you ever let an employee go? If so, how did you let the employee know? If not, what’s the best way to handle this?
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Workable can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.Get a free trial