Store Manager job description
A Store Manager is a professional who is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of their store, making sure it runs smoothly and effectively. Their duties include motivating sales teams with great customer service as well as developing business strategies that will help them achieve success in a competitive marketplace.
This Store Manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize.
Store Manager responsibilities include:
- Developing store strategies to raise customers’ pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability
- Meeting sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to store staff
- Ensuring high levels of customers satisfaction through excellent service
We are looking for a results driven retail Store Manager to be responsible for the overall store management. The successful candidate will be able to enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales and profitability goals and manage staff effectively. Candidates will have the most success if they have a background in financial planning, employee recruitment, or retail management. Store Manager responsibilities may include supervising assistant store managers.
- Develop business strategies to raise our customers’ pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability
- Meet sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to sales staff
- Ensure high levels of customers satisfaction through excellent service
- Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Report on buying trends, customer needs, profits etc
- Propose innovative ideas to increase market share
- Conduct personnel performance appraisals to assess training needs and build career paths
- Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc)
- Be a shining example of well behavior and high performance
- Additional store manager duties as needed
Requirements and skills
- Proven successful experience as a retail Store Manager
- Powerful leading skills and business orientation
- Customer management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- BS degree in Business Administration or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Store Manager do?
A Store Manager plans the schedule and manages employees to ensure policies are followed. When necessary, they interview and hire new staff members and stock shelves appropriately to sell products efficiently.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Store Manager?
A Store Manager must develop store strategies for expanding traffic and profitability. In addition, they meet sales goals by training staff to be proficient with their job while providing feedback that leads towards high levels of satisfaction among customers.
What makes a good Store Manager?
To be a successful Store Manager, you must have strong leadership skills and an understanding of data. A good Store Manager empowers their team members to take more proactive steps in running a store successfully while also ensuring consumers are satisfied.
Who does a Store Manager work with?
A Store Manager typically supervises a team of sales associates while also answering higher management. In addition, a Store Manager is usually supervised and given store operation guidelines by an Area Manager.
Hiring Store Manager job description
Post this Store Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.