Sales Director job description
A Director of Sales is a professional who manages and oversees the sales operations in an organization. They're responsible for designing plans to meet targets, developing relationships with clients/customers, and evaluating costs for selling products and services.
Sales Director responsibilities include:
- Owning and hitting/exceeding annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
- Developing and executing strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
We are looking for a high-performing Sales Director. The successful candidate will meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
Sales director responsibilities include developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. Sales director duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships and understanding customer trends.
Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
Requirements and skills
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
Frequently asked questions
What does a Director of Sales do?
The role of a Director of Sales is to manage all efforts by the company's entire sales team, strategically planning and launching new products or services while ensuring customer satisfaction. They also continually find ways to motivate team members to boost morale and retention.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Director of Sales?
A Director of Sales is responsible for creating and communicating sales goals and ways to achieve those goals. In addition, they prepare sales reports, build mutually beneficial relationships, and oversee new employee training and continued training for current employees.
What makes a good Director of Sales?
A good Director of Sales will insist on efficient workflows, but it's not just about the procedure. They understand that people are capable individuals with unique skill sets. In addition, a good Director of Sales is incredible at keeping their team motivated since sales roles can be stressful, competitive, and demanding.
Who does a Director of Sales work with?
A Director of Sales works closely with other senior-level leaders. They also work with Sales Managers and Sales Coordinators to execute strategies and achieve sales targets.
Hiring Sales Director job description
Post this Sales Director job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.