This Sales Director job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages. It is easy to customize for your company’s needs during the sales hiring process. You can modify this job description for your open positions. Similar job titles include Director of Sales.
Sales Director Responsibilities
- Owning and hitting/exceeding annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
- Developing and executing strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
We are looking for a high-performing Sales Director. The successful candidate will meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
Sales director responsibilities include developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. Sales director duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships and understanding customer trends.
Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets within assigned territory and accounts
Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent