Sales Coordinator Interview Questions
Sales coordinators sit at the core of sales operations although they aren’t often involved directly in selling. They receive and disseminate information between customers, salespeople, departments and managers. They work to support the sales team and go out of their way to ensure excellent customer relationships.
Sales coordinators can be found in all industries, commonly partnered with a field-sales team. They need experience in sales, customer service or marketing and proficiency in relevant software. Feel free to ask how familiar they are with your company’s computer system as well as methods of finding new prospects.
Our interview questions will assist you in discovering important sales coordinator skills. The best candidates should be stellar communicators. Their past experience should be characterized by meeting goals, accurate reporting and problem-solving. Look for signs that they’re well-organized, reliable and can close a deal if they need to.
Operational and Situational questions
- If you needed to put a prospect on hold, what would you do to avoid upsetting them?
- How do you prioritize tasks when two salespeople ask for your help at the same time?
- Imagine you receive a call from an angry customer complaining about a salesperson. What do you do?
- If a customer called to complain that the price of product/service is too high, how would you handle it?
- What’s your process for generating leads?
- How would you persuade a prospect to agree to a trial?
- Envisage you receive information that an order that should have been already delivered is still in transit. How do you approach the subject?
- Choose one of our products and sell it to me
- How do you ensure timely delivery of orders?
- What’s your experience in sales/customer service?
- What technologies have you used in your past job?
- Name three of your skills that will help you excel in this position
- What is your experience in drafting sales contracts?
- What reports do you think a sales coordinator should prepare for management?
- How familiar are you with CRM/ERP software?
- What factors, in your opinion, are more likely to close a deal?
- What do you know of our company’s products?
- What’s your experience with hiring sales personnel?
- Describe two closing techniques that you find more useful
- What was the most successful sale you made in your previous job?
- Have you ever implemented a change that resulted in higher sales?
- Describe a time you solved a problem with a customer order
- Tell me about a time you helped a team member be more productive
- Have you ever had a problem with a colleague? What did you do?
- What did you do in your previous job to meet quotas?