Talent Acquisition Specialist responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with hiring managers to identify staffing needs.
- Determining selection criteria.
- Sourcing potential candidates through online channels (e.g. social platforms and professional networks.)
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our Human Resources department and oversee our full-cycle recruiting.
Talent Acquisition responsibilities include sourcing candidates through various channels, planning interview and selection procedures and hosting or participating in career events. To be successful in this role, you should be able to develop long-term recruiting strategies and nurture trusting relationships with potential hires.
Ultimately, you will create strong talent pipelines for our company’s current and future hiring needs.
- Coordinate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs
- Determine selection criteria
- Source potential candidates through online channels (e.g. social platforms and professional networks)
- Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments and in-person interviews
- Assess candidate information, including resumes and contact details, using our Applicant Tracking System
- Design job descriptions and interview questions that reflect each position’s requirements
- Lead employer branding initiatives
- Organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events
- Forecast quarterly and annual hiring needs by department
- Foster long-term relationships with past applicants and potential candidates
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Talent Acquisition Specialist or similar role
- Familiarity with social media, resume databases and professional networks (e.g. Stack Overflow and Github)
- Hands-on experience with full-cycle recruiting using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A keen understanding of the differences between various roles within organizations
- BSc in Human Resources Management or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Talent Acquisition Specialist do?
A Talent Acquisition Specialist will work with hiring managers to ensure they have a diverse set of qualified individuals. They'll devise and implement sourcing strategies, such as employer branding initiatives, which are designed for long-term success in the industry by building pipelines through innovative processes like including social media interviews or video sharing platforms on their sites.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Talent Acquisition Specialist?
The talent acquisition specialist will be responsible for determining selection criteria and other vital information about hiring new employees. The specialist should liaise with managers, complete reference checks, and utilize online application methods such as LinkedIn profile views. All this ensures only qualified applicants come into play.
What makes a good Talent Acquisition Specialist?
To be a successful Talent Acquisition Specialist, you must first understand the requirements for each role in the company. You should also keep up with industry trends and ensure that all documentation is accurate so it can't interfere with any future hiring decisions.
Who does a Talent Acquisition Specialist work with?
Talent Acquisition Specialists will coordinate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs in different areas and departments. They will work alongside a Talent Acquisition Consultant to help source candidates on social networks and niche platforms.