Need to start saving with a new ATS? Learn how to calculate the return on investment of your ATS Calculate ROI now

71.9% of workers generally comfortable with AI: Survey

Workable's AI in Hiring & Work survey finds that the comfort levels of employees when using AI at work is quite high (71.9%). This is an excerpt from our AI in Hiring and Work survey report, based on responses from 950 hiring managers in the US and UK. Visit here to download the report in full.

Keith MacKenzie
Keith MacKenzie

Passionate about human resources, employment, and business management, and an expert at sharing that expertise.

Amid all the insights in Workable’s expansive AI in Hiring & Work 2024 survey report is an opportunity to gauge the ‘mood’ of employees regarding AI.

AI is not a single, anomalous monolith – it brings a complex range of technologies with a wide-ranging and diverse impact.

That means we need to somehow measure the intangible impacts of AI on worker motivation. To find out, we asked respondents directly about their comfort levels, team morale, and predictions.

New report: AI in Hiring 2024

We asked 950 hiring managers how they're using AI in hiring and in the workplace. And now we have a new survey report packed with insights for you.

Get your free report now!

We noted in an earlier question the struggles with employee resistance when using AI in the workplace – namely, 40.5% of all respondents pointed to initial resistance/discomfort with adopting AI at work.

Interestingly, that’s not reflected in the question of how comfortable employees themselves are with using AI tools.

Nearly one in three (31.8%) say their colleagues are very comfortable with using AI tools at work, and another two in five (40.1%) say they’re somewhat comfortable – that’s a total of 71.9% who are comfortable to some degree.

If the majority of workers are generally fine with AI at work, then any challenges including resistance and discomfort are perhaps seen as easily overcome.

In other words – any newfangled thing will be met with some initial apprehension – but everything can get better, including the experience of using AI in the workplace.

The industry lens

Construction leads in terms of comfort with AI tools in the workplace (85.1% vs. 71.9% overall – a 13.2-point difference), followed by IT / Technology / SaaS (77.5%) and Accounting / Finance (75.9%).

Healthcare (57.9%) and Education (61.1%) aren’t nearly as comfortable with AI tools. In fact, they’re rather neutral (29.4% and 27.3% vs. 20.8% overall), and even more “somewhat uncomfortable” (10.8% and 10.4% respectively, vs. 6% overall) than the baseline response.

Frequently asked questions

New report: AI in hiring and the workplace

Nearly a thousand hiring managers in the US and UK shared how they're using AI in hiring and in work. We now have a survey report with the findings.

Download your report now!

Let's grow together

Explore our full platform with a 15-day free trial.
Post jobs, get candidates and onboard employees all in one place.

Start a free trial