Learning and Development (L&D) Manager job description
This Learning and Development Manager job description template is easy to customize for your company and post to job boards or careers pages. Similar job titles include Training and Development Manager.
Learning and Development Manager responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing learning strategies and programs
- Designing e-learning courses, career plans, workshops and more
- Maintaining budgets and relationships with vendors and consultants
We are looking for a Learning and Development (L&D) Manager to help our employees advance their skills and knowledge.
In this role, you should be passionate about helping people learn and grow. Excellent communication skills are essential. If you also have experience designing e-learning courses and managing budgets, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help our company succeed by training and developing its people.
- Create and execute learning strategies and programs
- Evaluate individual and organizational development needs
- Implement various learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training)
- Design and deliver e-learning courses, workshops and other trainings
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities
- Help managers develop their team members through career pathing
- Track budgets and negotiate contracts
- Hire and oversee training and L&D Specialists
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager or similar
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Proficient in MS Office and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; sharp business acumen
- Ability to build rapport with employees and vendors
- BSc/BA in Business, Psychology or a related field
- Professional certification (e.g. CPLP) is a plus
Hiring Learning and Development (L&D) Manager job description
Post this Learning and Development (L&D) Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.