This Training Manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company. This job description can be modified when recruiting and interviewing for this position. Similar job titles include Corporate Trainer, Learning and Development Manager, Training Specialist and Training Coordinator.
Training Manager Responsibilities
- Identifying and assessing future and current training needs
- Drawing an overall or individualized training and development plan
- Deploying a wide variety of training methods
We are looking for an experienced training and development manager to devise our organizational training strategy, oversee its implementation and assess its outcomes. You will identify training and developmental needs and drive suitable training initiatives that build loyalty to the firm.
Training managers work across many departments to get employees up to speed in both their specific vertical, and the overall needs of the company. Training managers often have backgrounds in business, leadership, human resources, development and education.
Training manager responsibilities include enhancing employees’ skills, performance, productivity and quality of work.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers
- Draw an overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses needs and expectations
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods
- Conduct effective induction and orientation sessions
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them
- Manage training budget
- Provide opportunities for ongoing development
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
- Proven work experience as a training manager
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals
- Good computer and database skills
- BS degree in education, human resources or relevant field