Are you a candidate?
Crush your interview with our guide
Make sure that you are interviewing the best training coordinators. Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to hire better, faster.
Training Coordinator Interview Questions
Training Coordinators assist Training Managers in identifying training needs, designing curriculum, developing training materials and conducting training programs. They’re also invaluable contributors to evaluating the results of training and development initiatives.
Strong communication skills, industry knowledge and proven work experience are critical for this role. Use the following mix of open-ended and situational questions to start a conversation that will help you verify the “must-haves” on your job description. It’s best practice to tailor the questions as closely as you can to their exact work environment. For example, if they are traveling frequently to training sessions, working with diverse groups or reporting to multiple people, be sure to add questions that refer to these conditions.
The most useful questions are process-based. Ask candidates how they would implement their most effective training technique or how they usually end a training session. Listen closely to how they express themselves. Great training coordinators are patient, clear and methodical. Your most promising candidates will ask lots of smart, relevant questions and will make a case for why they are the best fit for your company.
Operational and Situational questions
- What interests you about being a training coordinator at our organization?
- How do you stay updated on employee training and development news and trends?
- What have you recently done to improve your skills?
- What is the most challenging training scenario you’ve encountered in your career? How did you handle it?
- What learning management systems are you familiar with?
- Describe some employee training methods that have worked well for you.
- How do you typically start a training session?
- How would you keep employees focused and engaged during a long training session?
- How do you typically end a training session?
- What has your role been in evaluating the results of a training program?
- How do you know when you have effectively taught new skills to your trainees?
- Have you ever identified a training need in an organization that wasn’t being met? What did you do about it?
- What would you do if you received negative feedback about one of your courses?
- Describe a time you received positive feedback on your training abilities.