This HR Administrative Assistant job description template is optimized for attracting qualified candidates to provide administrative support for your HR Department.
HR Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Maintaining employee records (soft and hard copies)
- Updating HR databases (e.g. new hires, separations, vacation and sick leaves)
- Assisting in payroll preparation by providing relevant data, like absences, bonus and leaves
Hiring an HR administrative assistant? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for an HR administrative assistant to perform a variety of personnel-related administrative tasks. You will support the HR department in duties like posting job ads, updating HR database and processing employees requests.
Our HR administrative assistant position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially. If you are passionate about HR policies and procedures and want to help create a nourishing workplace, this position is for you.
Ultimately, you will gain HR experience in a fast-paced work environment by supporting and improving all HR functions.
- Maintain employee records (soft and hard copies)
- Update HR databases (e.g. new hires, separations, vacation and sick leaves)
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data, like absences, bonus and leaves
- Prepare paperwork for HR policies and procedures
- Process employees’ requests and provide relevant information
- Coordinate HR projects, meetings and training seminars
- Collaborate with the Recruiter to post job ads on careers pages and process incoming resumes
- Manage the department’s telephone center and address queries accordingly
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal communications
- Provide orientations for new employees by sharing onboarding packages and explaining company policies
- Proven work experience as an HR administrative assistant or HR administrator
- Hand on experience with HR software, like HRIS or HRMS
- PC literacy and experience with MS Office applications
- Knowledge of labor legislation
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Teamwork skills
- BS degree in Human Resources or relevant field
- Also see our more general job description for an Administrative Assistant that can be tailored to your needs.