This Human Resources (HR) Assistant job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages. This sample description is easy to customize for any open staff position in your human resources department.
HR Assistant Responsibilities
- Assisting with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Providing clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives
- Compiling and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
Hiring an HR assistant? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for an HR assistant to handle a variety of personnel related administrative duties. Your role is to act as the liaison between HR managers and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries. You will also support our daily HR activities and assist in coordinating HR policies, processes and relevant documents.
An ideal candidate for the human resources assistant position holds an academic HR background. Familiarity with our industry is also an advantage. For this role, you should be able to work autonomously and assist in more complex HR duties, like posting job ads, coordinating interviews and contacting candidates. Following our training sessions, you will also be able to assist HR managers in the life cycle recruitment (e.g. onboarding process for new hires and candidate sourcing.)
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our HR department is organized and operates to attract, hire and maintain our employees.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
- Communicate with public services when necessary
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Assist our recruiters to source candidates and update our database
- Proven experience as an HR assistant, staff assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position
- PC literacy (MS Office, in particular)
- Hands on experience with an HRIS or HRMS
- Familiarity with ATS software and resume databases
- Basic knowledge of labor laws
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communications skills
- BS degree in Human Resources or related field
Similar job descriptions include: