HR Assistant Responsibilities
- Assisting with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Providing clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives
- Compiling and updating employee records (hard and soft copies)
Hiring an HR assistant? Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for an HR assistant to undertake a variety of HR administrative duties.
What does an HR assistant do?
The HR assistant duties involve a wide range of support activities inside our HR department, from coordinating meetings to maintaining our employee database to posting job ads. An important part of your role will be to act as the liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions. You’ll also assist in creating policies, processes and documents.
HR assistant qualifications
HR assistant skills we’re looking for include excellent organization ability, familiarity with HR software and strong communication skills. To be an ideal candidate for the human resources assistant position, you should also hold an HR-related degree and have some experience in our industry. You should be able to work autonomously and remain calm under pressure. Following our training sessions, you’ll be able to assist HR managers in the whole recruitment lifecycle (e.g. onboarding new hires and candidate sourcing.)
Ultimately, you’ll ensure our HR department is organized and operates smoothly to attract, hire and retain our employees.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc) and take minutes
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
- Communicate with public services when necessary
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Assist our recruiters to source candidates and update our database
- Proven experience as an HR assistant, staff assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Fast computer typing skills (MS Office, in particular)
- Hands-on experience with an HRIS or HRMS
- Familiarity with ATS software and resume databases
- Basic knowledge of labor laws
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communications skills
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
Download this HR assistant job description pdf sample for free.