This Hotel Maintenance Manager job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Hotel Maintenance Manager Responsibilities
- Overseeing hotel infrastructure to ensure functionality and safety
- Managing maintenance teams (e.g. technicians, janitors)
- Organizing repair, installation and renovation projects
We are looking for a Hotel Maintenance Manager to take care of our hotel’s infrastructure (e.g. buildings, electricity.) You will manage maintenance personnel and plan various renovation and repair projects.
In this role, you should be organized and proactive. Familiarity with electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems is essential. If you’re also committed to meeting health and safety standards, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to ensure our hotel premises are safe and functional for guests and employees alike.
- Inspect hotel regularly to ensure it meets safety standards
- Arrange for routine maintenance in hotel rooms, lobbies and facilities (e.g. kitchens, tennis courts)
- Organize repair projects in a manner that does not disturb guests
- Plan and oversee renovations and construction
- Act fast to resolve emergency issues (e.g. power outages)
- Find ways to reduce hotel operating costs and conserve energy
- Supervise team of Maintenance Technicians and Janitors
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Maintain budgets, expenses and activity logs
- Proven experience as a Hotel Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Supervisor
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Familiarity with plumbing, electrical, sewer and HVAC systems; hotel industry experience is a plus
- Experience in administrative processes (e.g. budgeting, performance management)
- Ability to spot safety risks and address needs quickly
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; degree from a vocational school or BSc/BA in Facility Management is preferred
- Valid Certified Professional Maintenance Manager (CPMM) is a plus