This Facilities Manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Facilities Manager responsibilities include:
- Planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments
- Managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspecting buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
We are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to oversee all building-related activities. You will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well functioning.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs. Leadership abilities and phenomenal efficiency can set you apart among our candidate pool.
The goal is to ensure our business’s accommodation is problem-free and safe so that employees can work under the best conditions.
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Supervise all staff facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Allocate office space according to needs
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as facilities manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- BSc/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration or relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage
Frequently asked questions
What does a Facilities Manager do?
A Facilities Manager ensures a building's services meet workers' needs. For example, they inspect and repair electrical, plumbing or janitorial problems. In addition, they are responsible for collecting data and analyzing it to adjust to current processes and plans.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Facilities Manager?
The Facilities Manager ensures that buildings and grounds are clean and safe from emergencies such as fires or natural disaster damage. According to company policy, they also provide security procedures like locks on doors that stay up-to-date.
What makes a Good Facilities Manager?
Good Facilities Managers are effective communicators, proactive and transparent, constantly thinking about prevention. In addition, they create a culture of collaboration by investing in their employees, which improves operations across the organization.
Who does a Facilities Manager work with?
The Facilities Manager works alongside Security and maintenance staff, all of whom aim to ensure each employee can complete their job safely.