Maintenance Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Inspecting facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Preparing weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
- Recruiting, supervising and training maintenance technicians
We are looking for a competent Maintenance Supervisor to manage maintenance in our facilities. You will be responsible for hiring and training staff and ensuring the smooth running of upkeep or repair operations.
An excellent maintenance supervisor must be reliable and have a great eye for detail. They must have technical skills and knowledge of various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing etc. Leadership and knowledge of administrative tasks such as scheduling are also essential.
The goal is to ensure that facilities are in a good and safe condition at all times.
- Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
- Recruit, supervise and train maintenance technicians
- Hire and supervise tradesmen during installations, repairs or maintenance (electricians, plumbers etc.)
- Inspect and maintain building systems (heating, ventilation etc.)
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment
- Participate in coordinaton of projects (e.g. renovations)
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- An eye for detail
- Computer savvy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus
- Professional Certifications (e.g. CMRP or HVAC certified) are preferred
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Maintenance Supervisor do?
- Maintenance Supervisors inspect sites to identify problems and necessary maintenance. They prepare weekly schedules for allocating work as per forecasted workloads and employ supervisors that can be assigned tasks accordingly to make sure deadlines are met with accuracy. They also ensure repairs are done quickly, minimizing long lead times before something needs replacing.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Maintenance Supervisor?
- Maintenance Supervisors are responsible for ensuring that all building systems, equipment, and facilities in their charge operate at peak efficiency. They resolve issues that arise in order to keep both building maintenance activities running smoothly or take care of any repairs needed on-site if there's an emergency. These individuals also need a detailed understanding of how each aspect works within your organization so they can make informed decisions quickly.
- What makes a good Maintenance Supervisor?
- To be successful, Maintenance Supervisors need to display problem-solving skills and make decisions with a solid understanding of building repairs. They must also know how best to handle issues that come up in their workplaces, such as staff problems or equipment malfunctions.
- Who does a Maintenance Supervisor work with?
- The Maintenance Supervisor gives orders to Maintenance Managers and Maintenance Workers to ensure jobs are done to established standards. They report back to their company’s owner with any jobs needing to be done or already finished.