This Maintenance Supervisor job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Maintenance Supervisor Responsibilities
- Inspecting facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Preparing weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
- Recruiting, supervising and training maintenance technicians
We are looking for a competent Maintenance Supervisor to manage maintenance in our facilities. You will be responsible for hiring and training staff and ensuring the smooth running of upkeep or repair operations.
An excellent maintenance supervisor must be reliable and have a great eye for detail. They must have technical skills and knowledge of various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing etc. Leadership and knowledge of administrative tasks such as scheduling are also essential.
The goal is to ensure that facilities are in a good and safe condition at all times.
- Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
- Recruit, supervise and train maintenance technicians
- Hire and supervise tradesmen during installations, repairs or maintenance (electricians, plumbers etc.)
- Inspect and maintain building systems (heating, ventilation etc.)
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment
- Participate in coordinaton of projects (e.g. renovations)
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Proven experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- An eye for detail
- Computer savvy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus
- Professional Certifications (e.g. CMRP or HVAC certified) are preferred