This Maintenance Worker job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Maintenance Worker Responsibilities
- Performing cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Performing minor fixes such as repairing broken locks
- Checking control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
- Proven experience as assistant director or other similar position
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship is required