Maintenance Worker job description
A General Maintenance Worker is a professional who keeps buildings running smoothly. They can fix everything from roofs, windows and floors to doors in cafeterias or hospitals; they also maintain specialized, high value equipment like machines used for laundry on their own.
This Maintenance Worker job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Maintenance Worker responsibilities include:
- Performing cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Performing minor fixes such as repairing broken locks
- Checking control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as assistant director or other similar position
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship is required
Frequently asked questions
What does a Maintenance Worker do?
Maintenance Workers keep machines running smoothly. They paint floors, fix plumbing issues and sinks. They also work with heating systems by installing ventilation filters for odor issues that might arise from time to time.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Maintenance Worker?
Maintenance Workers fix and maintain mechanical equipment. They also care for flooring repairs and upkeep on buildings' roofs while ensuring that electricity continues to function as it should be.
What makes a Good Maintenance Worker?
Good Maintenance Workers have an eye for detail. They pay attention to the little cleaning tasks that don't take long but make a location shine. They are also willing to put in initiative when needed, like fixing things they see in need of repair before it becomes a major concern.
Who does a Maintenance Worker work with?
A Maintenance Worker may collaborate with a Janitor to ensure the area that might need repairs is sanitary and safe to work in.
Hiring Maintenance Worker job description
Post this Maintenance Worker job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.