This Janitor job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
- Cleaning and supplying designated building areas
- Performing and documenting routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Carrying out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
We are looking for a Janitor, or custodian, to take care of our building and carry out cleaning, maintenance and security duties.
The goal is to keep our building in a clean and orderly condition.
- Clean and supply designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Proven working experience as a janitor
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
- Integrity and ability to work independently
- High school degree