Cleaner job description
A Cleaner is a service industry worker who ensures the workplace is always clean and sanitary. They perform a range of duties, including dusting or mopping and sweeping floors. They also make sure restrooms and common areas stay fresh by performing routine inspections every day at specified times.
Cleaner responsibilities include:
- Cleaning, stocking and supplying designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
- Performing and documenting routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleaning tasks and special projects
Hiring a Cleaner? Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a Cleaner to take care of our facilities and carry out cleaning and maintenance duties.
The goal is to keep our building in a clean and orderly condition.
- Clean, stock and supply designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff
- Follow all health and safety regulations
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Cleaner
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
- High school degree
Frequently asked questions
What does a Cleaner do?
Cleaners maintain all facilities by keeping the company premises clean and well-organized. They also monitor materials stored in their area and respond to visitors' inquiries about where they can get certain things done.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Cleaner?
A Cleaner is responsible for all basic cleaning in and around the facility or office building. This can entail dusting, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, and cleaning smudges off windows and doors. Ensuring restrooms are cleaned, sanitized, and restocked is another important responsibility of a cleaner.
What makes a good Cleaner?
The most successful cleaners have an awareness of how to clean responsibly and use hazardous cleaning chemicals safely to maintain their health while ensuring the end user's wellbeing. Gaining professional qualifications will give a competitive edge over other applicants vying for jobs in this field. Trustworthiness and attention to detail are other traits essential for an effective cleaner.
Who does a Cleaner work with?
A Cleaner works with many different employees across the organization depending on the company’s size. There may be several cleaners who report to a Cleaner Supervisor for a large company. For smaller companies, they can report directly to an Office Manager, Building Manager, or owner. Daily, cleaners can interact with employees on their same shift or work alone, depending on the time of day.
Hiring Cleaner job description
Post this Cleaner job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.