Maintenance Manager job description
Maintenance Managers are professionals who make sure that all of the equipment in an office, building, or landscape is taken care of. They track expenses and progress so companies know when something needs fixing. These efforts also help with preventive maintenance.
Maintenance Manager responsibilities include:
- Developing maintenance procedures and ensuring implementation
- Carrying out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Checking electrical and hydraulic systems of buildings to ensure functionality
We are looking for a reliable Maintenance Manager to oversee all installation, repair and upkeep operations of the company’s facilities. You will be the one to ensure that your colleagues have the best physical resources available to complete their duties according to budget.
A great maintenance manager will have a solid understanding of plumbing and electrical systems as well as carpentry and other crafts. They will be well-versed in all maintenance process and health and safety regulations. The ideal candidate will also have aptitude in undertaking administrative tasks such as reporting, budgeting etc.
The goal is to ensure the company facilities are well-cared for and adequate to support the company’s business operations.
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Check electrical and hydraulic systems of buildings to ensure functionality
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Allocate workload and supervise upkeep staff (custodians, janitors etc.)
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied with
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as maintenance manager or other managerial role
- Experience in planning maintenance operations
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of plumbing, carpentry, electrical systems etc.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment
- Ability to keep track of and report on activity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent; Degree from a vocational school or BSc/BA in business administration or facility management will be an advantage
- Valid Certified Maintenance Manager (CMM) will be a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does a Maintenance Manager do?
Maintenance Managers oversee and lead maintenance procedures in a company. They manage activities such as tracking expenses and report progress updates to owners or higher-ups. They also handle specific tasks assigned to them along the way.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Maintenance Manager?
Maintenance Managers are responsible for developing maintenance procedures and ensuring their implementation throughout their facility. They carry out inspections of the facilities and identify any problems which may arise. These problems are then resolved quickly for employees' safety without disrupting business operations.
What makes a Good Maintenance Manager?
Maintenance Managers must be able to handle any situation that comes their way and provide excellent customer service at all times. These responsibilities are why they need to have strong leadership skills. Maintenance Managers also need lots of good interpersonal communication abilities in order to keep the peace within a facility.
Who does a Maintenance Manager work with?
Maintenance Managers work above Maintenance Workers, ensuring they stay on task. Managers also ensure that a worker's work area is safe and free of any issues so their work can continue with a low risk of accidents.
Hiring Maintenance Manager job description
Post this Maintenance Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.