Use this Hotel Front Desk Agent job description template when hiring employees for your hotel, bed & breakfast or resort. Similar job titles include Hotel Receptionist and Guest Relations Officer.
Hotel Front Desk Agent responsibilities include:
- Performing all check-in and check-out tasks
- Managing online and phone reservations
- Informing customers about payment methods and verifying their credit card data
We are looking for a Hotel Front Desk Agent to serve as our guests’ first point of contact and manage all aspects of their accommodation.
Hotel Front Desk Agent responsibilities include registering guests, managing reservations and providing information about rooms, rates and amenities. If you have a knack for customer service and work experience in the hotel industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help create a pleasant and memorable stay for our guests.
- Perform all check-in and check-out tasks
- Manage online and phone reservations
- Inform customers about payment methods and verify their credit card data
- Register guests collecting necessary information (like contact details and exact dates of their stay)
- Welcome guests upon their arrival and assign rooms
- Provide information about our hotel, available rooms, rates and amenities
- Respond to clients’ complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Liaise with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy and fully-furnished to accommodate guests’ needs
- Confirm group reservations and arrange personalized services for VIP customers and event attendees, like wedding guests
- Upsell additional facilities and services, when appropriate
- Maintain updated records of bookings and payments
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Hotel Front Desk Agent, Receptionist or similar role
- Experience with hotel reservations software, like Cloudbeds and RoomKeyPMS
- Understanding of how travel planning websites operate, like Booking and TripAdvisor
- Customer service attitude
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Degree in hotel management is a plus
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Hotel Front Desk Agent do?
- A Hotel Front Desk Agent is usually the first person who greets you when you walk into a hotel. Their key duties include distributing room keys, registering guests and verifying reservations. They are also tasked with helping guests with any questions or complaints.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Hotel Front Desk Agent?
- The Hotel Front Desk Agent is the first point of contact. They're responsible for checking guests in and out with a welcoming disposition, confirming group reservations and providing assistance as needed.
- What makes a good Hotel Front Desk Agent?
- A great Hotel Front Desk Agent has a talent for customer service and previous work experience in the hotel industry. They are pleasant and helpful, welcoming and professional, knowing these traits represent the hotel’s standing. They must have the ability to stand for long periods of time and knowledge of basic computer skills. They are ready to greet with a smile and offer necessary assistance to hotel guests.
- Who does a Hotel Front Desk Agent work with?
- A Hotel Front Desk Agent partners with other hospitality associates to ensure a guest’s stay is pleasant and enjoyable while maintaining or adding value to the hotel’s reputation. This usually means working closely with a Hotel Concierge, welcoming guests and managing reservations.