Front Desk Representative job description
A Front Desk Representative is a professional who is the first point of contact for all customers of a business. They greet customers, answer phones, receive and deliver mail, and assist with maintaining and ordering office supplies.
This Front Desk Representative job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Front Desk Representative responsibilities include:
- Keeping front desk tidy and presentable with all necessary material
- Greeting and welcoming desks as they approach the front desk
- Answering questions and addressing complaints
Hiring a Front Desk Representative? Sign up for Workable's 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for a pleasant Front Desk Representative to undertake all receptionist and clerical duties at the desk of our main entrance. You will be the “face” of the company for all visitors and will be responsible for the first impression we make.
The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easy going personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined. You should be able to deal with complaints and give accurate information. A customer-oriented approach is essential.
The goal is to make guests and visitors feel comfortable and valued while on our premises.
- Keep front desk tidy and presentable with all necessary material (pens, forms, paper etc.)
- Greet and welcome guests
- Answer questions and address complaints
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages
- Receive letters, packages etc. and distribute them
- Prepare outgoing mail by drafting correspondence, securing parcels etc.
- Check, sort and forward emails
- Monitor office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Keep updated records and files
- Monitor office expenses and costs
- Take up other duties as assigned (travel arrangements, schedules etc.)
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer etc.)
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- High School diploma; additional qualifications will be a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does a Front Desk Representative do?
A Front Desk Representative is the face of the company and ensures they make a good first impression on any visitors or customers. They ensure the front desk is kept in order and manage and filter all communication from outside vendors and customers to internal employees either by phone, email, or verbally.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Front Desk Representative?
A Front Desk Representative’s responsibilities are varied depending on the company. They are responsible for greeting and welcoming guests, receiving and delivering all incoming and outgoing mail and packages, answering all calls and directing as needed, scheduling meetings, and coordinating office activities.
What makes a good Front Desk Representative?
A good Front Desk Representative has excellent communication skills due to interacting with customers, employees, and vendors daily. They also have expert interpersonal skills to collaborate and give and receive criticism well. Soft skills such as friendliness and likability will help them excel in the position.
Who does a Front Desk Representative work with?
A Front Desk Representative works with customers and visitors of the business on a daily basis. They also interact with various vendors and delivery services due to signing for packages and supply orders. The Front Desk Representative can report to an Office Manager for a larger company or the owner for a smaller company.
Hiring Front Desk Representative job description
Post this Front Desk Representative job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.