This Front Office Manager job description template can help you attract the most suitable candidates to manage your reception area effectively. It’s also easy to customize to meet your company or hotel’s specific requirements. Similar job titles include Front Desk Representative, Office Receptionist, Secretary, Office Manager and Administrative Assistant.
We are looking for a Front office manager to manage our reception area. You will act as the ‘face’ of our company and ensure visitors receive a heartwarming welcome. You will also coordinate all front desk activities, including calls, reservations and guests services.
As a Front office manager, you should combine a pleasant personality with a dynamic professional attitude to supervise and lead our team. Our ideal candidate can deal efficiently with complaints and has a solid customer service approach.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our front desk provides professional and friendly service to our customers.
- Ensure front desk is tidy and has all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and informative leaflets)
- Train, supervise and support office staff, including receptionists, security guards and call center agents
- Schedule shifts
- Ensure timely and accurate customer service
- Handle complaints and specific customers requests
- Troubleshoot emergencies
- Monitor stock and order office supplies
- Ensure proper mail distribution
- Prepare and monitor office budget
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Ensure company’s policies and security requirements are met
- Proven work experience as a Front desk manager or Reception manager
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Thorough knowledge of customer service, office management and basic bookkeeping procedures
- Proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Solid knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- High School diploma; additional certification is a plus