Hotel Concierge responsibilities include:
- Welcoming customers upon entrance and confirm reservations
- Acting as the point of reference for guests who need assistance or information
- Understanding customer’s needs and provide them with personalized solutions by suggesting activities and facilities provided by the hotel
We are looking for a reliable hotel concierge to work at the main entrance desk of our hotel. You will be the first to meet our customers so the first impression of our hotel depends on your friendliness and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will be a smart and trustworthy individual able to provide customers with a warm greeting and handle all incoming requests. In addition, you will be responsible to protect the hotel and its residents by monitoring who comes in and out of our premises.
The goal is to contribute to an overall pleasant customer experience to increase our reputation and ensure sustainable growth.
- Welcome customers upon entrance and confirm reservations
- Act as the point of reference for guests who need assistance or information and attend to their wishes and requirements
- Understand customer’s needs and provide them with personalized solutions by suggesting activities and facilities provided by the hotel
- Acquire extensive knowledge of the premises and the nearby venues and businesses to make the most suitable recommendations
- Arrange events, excursions, transportation etc. upon request from hotel residents
- Answer the phone and make reservations, take and distribute messages or mail and redirect calls
- Respond to complaints and find the appropriate solution
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as concierge; experience in customer service or relevant role is an advantage
- Proficiency in English; multilingual is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Polite and confident with a great deal of patience
- Ability in multitasking and time-management
- Aptitude in resolving issues with a customer-focused orientation
- High school diploma; degree in hotel management or relevant field will be a plus
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Concierge do?
- The Concierge is a hospitality professional who attends to guests' needs and helps them organize their accommodations while staying at hotels or other establishments that provide lodging services. Their duties include making reservations, recommending restaurants and bars for visitors in town, and arranging errands such as grocery delivery or dry cleaning to ensure guests enjoy their time.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Concierge?
- A Concierge's responsibilities include greeting guests and confirming reservations. They maintain positive relationships with clients by providing excellent customer service that meets their needs. Concierges see that all procedures are being followed thoroughly for the best results possible for their guest’s visit.
- What makes a good Concierge?
- A successful Concierge has a positive attitude and takes the initiative while being resourceful to ensure that the needs of guests are met. They also have excellent interpersonal skills, such as patience and empathy, so that guests feel at ease during their stay.
- Who does a Concierge work with?
- Concierges work within the hospitality industry to welcome guests and help them feel valued. Alongside a Guest Relations Officer, they help provide these guests with information regarding facilities, programs, and other services.