This Field Service Technician job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Field Service Technician responsibilities include:
- Providing service and customer support during field visits or dispatches
- Managing all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions
We are looking for a self-starter Field Service Technician to deliver the desired customer service experience. The goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability.
- Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches
- Tie workflow to schedule
- Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Document processes
- Operate vehicle in a safely manner and use field automation systems
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organisation
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings
- Build positive relationships with customers
Requirements and skills
- Proven Field Service experience
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- English literacy
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
- Technical degree or certification
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Service Technician do?
- Field Service Technicians ensure that customers have everything they need to get their job done. When it comes time for installation, repair or maintenance on equipment used in a production environment, they keep the client updated on any issues and progress.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Service Technician?
- Field Service Technicians provide repairs and maintenance tasks for customers and diagnose errors or technical problems that arise during their visit. They then determine what solution will be most effective in fixing it with minimal downtime on equipment.
- What makes a Good Service Technician?
- The ideal Service Technician is both meticulous and punctual. They strive to provide a great customer experience by arriving on-site quickly, accurately diagnosing problems, as well as fast repair times.
- Who does a Service Technician work with?
- A Field Service Technician works with a Field Service Representative, who often speaks to the client concerning the initial issue they're calling about. The Rep then communicates with the Technician to ensure their services are administered.