This Account Director job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize with account management responsibilities for your company.
Account Director responsibilities include:
- Planning budgets and activities for account management in the company
- Setting up goals and objectives for all subordinate staff
- Providing feedback and counsel to account staff to meet quotas/objectives
We are looking for an Account director to undertake account management responsibilities and supervise subordinate staff. Your duties will involve both managing relationships with clients and guiding account personnel.
An effective Account director has great aptitude in building and maintaining customer relationships. They also possess excellent planning and leadership abilities to coordinate and advise account managers, supervisors and executives.
The goal is to ensure the company’s retention of clientele and facilitate further growth.
- Plan budgets and activities for account management in the company
- Set up goals and objectives for all subordinate staff
- Provide feedback and counsel to account staff to meet quotas/objectives
- Conduct performance evaluation using key metrics
- Serve as the point of contact for customers in your portfolio
- Understand customer requirements and needs to offer suitable solutions and generate new business
- Ensure the timely delivery of services and products to clients
- Resolve issues to maintain and strengthen customer trust
- Read reports of subordinates and communicate overall quarterly/annual progress to senior management and external stakeholders
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an account director or similar position
- Demonstrable experience in negotiation and meeting client requirements
- Solid understanding of budgeting and reporting on progress
- Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and metrics
- Working knowledge of MS Office and/or relevant software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities with aptitude in fostering long-term relationships
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
- What does an Account Director do?
- An Account Director oversees all aspects of a team through mediation and negotiation while maintaining strong relationships with account managers. They develop strategies to grow their client base and ensure that the team is providing quality, cost-effective services.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an Account Director?
- A company's Account Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the process, from planning to budgeting, including coordinating with different teams on projects to make sure projects meet their intended goals.
- What makes a good Account Director?
- They are entrepreneurially minded individuals who have a strong understanding of how business works at different levels from management up to creating new avenues in which businesses can grow into successful competitors within their industry.
- Who does an Account Director work with?
- The Account Director works with the sales representatives and other departments to maintain the company’s existing clients. Their primary role is to oversee the entire customer experience, so the Account Director will work with other directors, managers, and customer service to ensure customers are satisfied, and projects are completed.