Account Coordinator job description
An Account Coordinator is a professional who manages customer accounts and communicates with clients. They are responsible for reviewing correspondence, maintaining budgets, receiving complaints or requests from their customers, and liaising between internal teams.
This Account Coordinator job description template is optimized with essential skills to help you attract qualified candidates. Feel free to modify job duties to meet your specific needs.
Account Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Preparing, filing and retrieving sales-related documents, like contracts
- Designing and renewing sales proposals
- Updating internal databases with account information
We are looking for an Account Coordinator to provide day-to-day administrative support to our Account Executives and Account Representatives to ensure smooth sales procedures.
To succeed in this role, you should be highly organized and able to perform multiple tasks for different teams/clients at the same time. If you have experience with marketing campaigns and understand what excellent customer service is, we would like to meet you. Our ideal candidate is able to both administer daily sales activities and brainstorm innovative ideas to improve our client relationships.
Ultimately, you will drive growth to our company by being an essential part of the Account Management team.
- Prepare, file and retrieve sales-related documents, like contracts
- Design and renew sales proposals
- Update internal databases with account information
- Coordinate meetings, calls and demos for the Account Management team
- Conduct research on prospective clients
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure proper pre-and post-sales service
- Communicate customer feedback to Marketing, Sales and Product Development teams
- Create detailed reports of campaigns’ results
- Perform market and competitive research
- Help create promotional materials (e.g. presentations and videos)
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Account Coordinator, Sales Coordinator or similar role
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office in particular)
- Hands-on experience with CRM software
- Experience with marketing/advertising campaigns
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Strong communication skills with a problem-solving attitude
- BSc in Business Administration, Marketing or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
What does an Account Coordinator do?
Account Coordinators work closely with existing and prospective clients, discussing their needs to be matched up appropriately with products that will optimize customer satisfaction.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Account Coordinator?
An Account Coordinator is responsible for reading emails from potential customers who have questions about products and making sure complaints get resolved in a timely manner. They create and implement strategies to generate leads, perform product demonstrations or sales calls, and support Account Executives.
What makes a good Account Coordinator?
A good Account Coordinator should have a deep understanding of how each product or service works best to ensure people get what is needed. They are strong communicators, highly organized, relationship builders, results-oriented, and active listeners.
Who does an Account Coordinator work with?
Account Coordinators work directly with clients liaising with various teams to accomplish goals. They support Account Executives and usually report to an Account Director or Account Supervisor.
Hiring Account Coordinator job description
Post this Account Coordinator job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.