Account Executive job description
An Account Executive is someone who can work in many fields and help grow their companies by finding leads and closing sales deals with existing clients or new prospects. They also act as intermediaries between other departments within an organization to ensure the success of their clients.
This Account Executive job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Account Executive responsibilities include:
- Creating detailed business plans to reach predetermined goals and quotas
- Managing the entire sales cycle from finding a potential client to securing a deal
- Unearthing new sales opportunities through networking and turning them into long-term partnerships
We are looking for a competent Account Executive to find business opportunities and manage customer relationships. You’ll be directly responsible for the preservation and expansion of our customer base.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in sales and customer service. We expect you to be a reliable professional, able to balance customer orientation and a results-driven approach.
Your overarching goal is to identify opportunities with prospects and new clients and build them into long-term profitable relationships.
- Create detailed business plans designed to attain predetermined goals and quotas
- Manage the entire sales cycle from finding a client to securing a deal
- Unearth new sales opportunities through networking and turn them into long-term partnerships
- Present products to prospective clients
- Provide professional after-sales support to maximize customer loyalty
- Remain in regular contact with your clients to understand and meet their needs
- Respond to complaints and resolve issues to the customer’s satisfaction and to maintain the company’s reputation
- Negotiate agreements and keep records of sales and data
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an Account Executive, or similar sales/customer service role
- Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software (eg. Salesforce) is a plus
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- A business acumen
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- BSc or BA in business administration, sales or marketing
Frequently asked questions
What does an Account Executive do?
As an Account Executive, you'll act as the link between agencies and their clients. You will strive to understand your client's goals so that they may be met with effective campaigns by using agency staff members in creative ways.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Account Executive?
Account Executives work in many fields and help grow their companies by finding leads, closing sales, supporting existing clients through a variety of services including marketing strategies that are tailored for each client's needs.
What makes a good Account Executive?
Account Executives should have strong presentation skills, strong communication skills, and an in-depth understanding of their company’s products and services so they can develop sales strategies to meet the company’s goals.
Who does an Account Executive work with?
Account Executives work closely with their clients to build strategies and achieve the client’s goals. They also work with other sales representatives and other team members to coordinate account activity and manage projects across different teams.
Hiring Account Executive job description
Post this Account Executive job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.