This Sales Engineer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Sales Engineer Responsibilities
- Supporting sales executives with solution selling into prospect account base
- Partnering with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Modeling the financial business case associated with each sales opportunity
We are looking for a seasoned, hardworking, smart and over achieving Sales Engineer with proven experience and a passion for selling technology solutions to senior executives.
You will be responsible for selling into new prospects as well as farming back into existing customers to ensure high renewal and customer satisfaction levels. Measures of success include new customer acquisition rates, renewal rates, up-selling, cross-selling, customer satisfaction and contribution to overall sales team and business success.
- Support sales executives with solution selling into prospect account base
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Model the financial business case associated with each sales opportunity
- Successfully match customer pain/requirements to proposed solutions
- Create and deliver powerful presentations and demos that clearly communicate the uniqueness of the value proposition
- Manage all technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses
- Effectively communicate client needs to the R&D teams for future product enhancements
- Collect and document competitive intelligence
- Proven work experience as a Sales Engineer
- Proven track record selling complex enterprise solutions
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and creativity skills
- Willingness to travel
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, preferably with a numeracy base