These sample Account Director interview questions can help you identify candidates with both account management and leadership skills. Feel free to add specific interview questions that meet your job requirements.
Account Director Interview Questions
Account Directors play an important role in a sales department: They’re responsible for managing relationships with clients and supervising subordinates, like Account Representatives and Account Managers.
The successful candidate identifies new sales opportunities and proactively address potential problems. This individual assists with your company’s long-term planning and can develop and retain profitable relationships with clients. Opt for candidates who share your company’s vision and are goal-oriented.
Candidates will stand out if they have experience successfully training and leading a team. These interview questions can reveal potential hires who inspire a team to achieve ambitious goals.
Operational and Situational questions
- How would you address a team member who was underperforming?
- Name two to three pointers you’d give a new team member.
- We are increasing our prices, and the change might upset some of our current customers. What guidance would you give to Account Representatives to handle potential complaints?
- An Account Representative tells you that a dissatisfied customer wants to speak with the manager. How would you handle this situation?
- How do you announce bad results or negative news to your team members? What’s the best way to motivate your team?
- What CRM software have you used?
- Name any tools you have used (or know) to track employee performance. What’s the best way to do it?
- What metrics do you need to create a monthly report of your team’s results? What additional data would you use for an annual report?
- Describe the most challenging project you’ve worked on so far. What was your role and what did you do to overcome hurdles?
- Has your team ever failed to reach sales quotas? If so, how did that happen? What did you learn from the experience, and what did you do differently next time?
- How much time do you give new team members to onboard? Why?
- How often have you met revenue targets and customer satisfaction rates?
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Workable can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.Get a free trial