Account Representative job description
An Account Representative is a professional who generally works on customer service and relationship-building teams. They generate sales by building new client relationships or maintaining existing ones. They work with customers as needed at every stage of development.
This Account Representative job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Account Representative responsibilities include:
- Addressing customer complaints and queries of assigned clients
- Upselling or cross-selling products and services and approaching new customers
- Collaborating with account managers and submitting reports to upper management
We are looking for an Account Representative to manage assigned client accounts. You will address customer concerns and contact prospects to expand your account portfolio.
We expect you to be an energetic, goal-driven person with excellent communication skills. This role may often be challenging so you should be able to remain calm and polite in tough situations. If you also have some experience in sales or customer service, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to foster long-term relationships with clients and help grow our business.
- Be the main point of contact of assigned customers
- Negotiate contracts and handle paperwork (e.g. invoices, orders)
- Follow up regularly after closing a sale to ensure client satisfaction
- Respond promptly to customer queries and complaints to find solutions and defuse tension
- Pass on issues to account managers when needed
- Present new or additional products and services to existing customers
- Approach prospective clients through cold-calling, email etc. to meet sales targets
- Send reports on sales activity, accounts status and possible issues
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as an Account Representative or other sales role
- Experience in customer service is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with Salesforce
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking ability
- Assertiveness and confidence
- Goal-driven with ability to work under pressure
- Good problem-solving skills
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in business is a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does an Account Representative do?
Account Representatives are crucial to generating sales for companies and working on all teams. They build relationships with new clients and maintain existing customer relationships.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Account Representative?
Specific Account Representative duties include communicating with clients to help resolve issues, maintaining accurate client records, upselling produces or services, and being a point of contact through various service stages. They often work closely with accounting departments concerning billing matters, ensuring all files have been completed and notating any outstanding issues with their clients' needs.
What makes a good Account Representative?
A good Account Representative has a combination of hard and soft skills. Those skills include sales, customer service, problem-solving, de-escalation, multitasking, knowledge about the products and services, and communication.
Who does an Account Representative work with?
Account Representatives work directly with customers to address and resolve issues and needs. They often work closely with Account Officers or Inside Sales Representatives.
Hiring Account Representative job description
Post this Account Representative job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.