This Junior Account Manager job description template lists essential skills and qualifications you should be looking for in candidates. It’s also easy to customize for posting to online job boards and career pages.
Junior Account Manager responsibilities include:
- Gathering information on assigned clients (e.g. company size, needs and pricing plans)
- Contacting clients to understand their requirements and work on a sales plan
- Providing after-sales support to retain customers
We are looking for a Junior Account Manager to act as the first point of contact with existing customers, answer their queries and increase client satisfaction.
If you enjoy coming up with effective solutions and working toward achieving goals, this job is right for you. You will use your communication skills to identify and address clients’ needs while representing our company in a positive way. Previous customer service experience will be an advantage.
Ultimately, you will contribute to building profitable, long-term relationships with our clients to reach our business objectives.
- Gather information on assigned clients (e.g. company size, needs and pricing plans)
- Contact clients to understand their requirements and work on a sales plan
- Provide after-sales support to retain customers
- Ensure prompt and accurate answers to clients’ queries
- Build strong client relationships, through regular communication
- Report on the status of accounts
- Suggest company products/services that maximize client satisfaction
- Communicate product and pricing details clearly
- Coordinate with Account Executives and Account Managers to create customized sales plans for key clients
- Promote new products/services to existing customers
- Proven work experience as a Junior Account Manager or relevant sales role
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Understanding of sales principles and ability to deliver excellent customer experience
- Strong (verbal and written) communication skills with an ability to build relationships
- Effective presentation and negotiation skills
- High degree of professionalism
- Good time-management skills with a problem-solving attitude
- BSc degree in Business Administration, Marketing or relevant field