Talent Sourcer job description
A Talent Sourcer is responsible for identifying and engaging potential candidates through social media platforms and professional networks. They craft recruiting emails, collaborate with hiring managers to determine requirements, and build talent pipelines. Their goal is to fill vacancies with qualified candidates and promote the employer brand.
Use this Talent Sourcer job description template to attract HR professionals who will manage your company’s sourcing process. Similar job titles include Sourcer and Recruiting Sourcer.
What is a Talent Sourcer?
A Talent Sourcer is a professional who specializes in finding and attracting potential candidates for job openings. They use various channels, such as social media and professional networks, to identify and engage with individuals who possess the desired qualifications and skills for specific roles. Their role is to proactively search for qualified candidates and build talent pipelines for future hiring needs.
What does a Talent Sourcer do?
A Talent Sourcer is responsible for actively searching for potential candidates using various sourcing techniques, including social media platforms and Boolean searches. They interact with candidates, craft recruiting emails, and coordinate with hiring managers to understand the position requirements. Additionally, Talent Sourcers develop talent pipelines, measure conversion rates, promote the employer brand, and maintain candidate databases. Their main objective is to identify and attract qualified candidates to fill job vacancies.
Talent Sourcer responsibilities include:
- Interacting with potential candidates on social media and professional networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Slack and Github.)
- Crafting and sending recruiting emails.
- Coordinating with hiring managers to determine position requirements.
We are seeking a highly motivated Talent Sourcer to join our dynamic HR team and spearhead the initial phase of our recruitment process.
As a Talent Sourcer, you will employ diverse channels to actively seek potential candidates, engage with passive candidates, and cultivate talent pipelines for future hiring requirements.
If you possess strong networking abilities, a knack for sourcing on social media platforms, and a passion for exploring various roles, we would love to connect with you.
Ultimately, you will play a pivotal role in identifying our hiring needs and ensuring our vacancies are filled with exceptional candidates who align with our organization’s vision and goals.
- Interact with potential candidates on social media and professional networks (e.g. LinkedIn, Slack and Github)
- Craft and send recruiting emails
- Coordinate with hiring managers to determine position requirements
- Identify qualified candidate profiles using various sourcing techniques (e.g. Boolean search)
- Develop talent pipelines for future hiring needs
- Measure conversion rates, including numbers of passive candidates who turn into applicants, get invited to interviews, get offers and get hired
- Ask for referrals from current employees and external networks
- Promote our employer brand online and offline
- Maintain candidate databases (e.g. via our Applicant Tracking System)
- Communicate with past applicants regarding new job opportunities
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Talent Sourcer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with sourcing techniques (e.g. recruiting on social platforms and crafting Boolean search strings)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and Candidate Management Systems (CMSs)
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to positively present our company and open roles to potential candidates
- Effective time-management abilities
- BSc in Human Resources Management or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Talent Sourcer do?
A Talent Sourcer proactively searches for and engages with potential candidates, using various sourcing techniques and social media platforms, to fill job vacancies.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Talent Sourcer?
The duties of a Talent Sourcer include interacting with potential candidates, crafting recruiting emails, coordinating with hiring managers, developing talent pipelines, and promoting the employer brand.
What makes a good Talent Sourcer?
A good Talent Sourcer possesses solid networking skills, sourcing expertise, and the ability to positively present the company and job opportunities to potential candidates. Effective time-management and communication skills are also essential.
Who does a Talent Sourcer work with?
A Talent Sourcer works closely with hiring managers, HR teams, and other recruitment professionals to identify and attract qualified candidates for job openings.
What skills should a Talent Sourcer have?
A Talent Sourcer should have experience in talent sourcing techniques, familiarity with HR databases and applicant tracking systems, strong communication skills, and the ability to positively represent the company to potential candidates. Effective time-management and organizational abilities are also important.
Hiring Talent Sourcer job description
Post this Talent Sourcer job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.