Use this Talent Scout job description template to advertise your job openings and attract qualified candidates for your organization. This job description is focused on athletic scouts, but you can easily customize it for university or entertainment talent scout roles.
Talent Scout responsibilities include:
- Seeking out new talent
- Identifying and contacting prospects for clients and agencies
- Screening talent before connecting them with clients and agencies
We are looking for a Talent Scout who will seek out and recruit skilled athletes for our team.
Talent Scout responsibilities include attending sports games, networking with sports managers and coaches and reaching out to talented athletes. If you’re passionate about sports and able to recognize not only good athletes but also those who have the potential to become great, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help us build a successful team that consists of top athletes, regardless of their background or previous experience.
- Watch various sports games at local high schools and colleges
- Attend professional sports games
- Identify players with high potential and outstanding skills and style
- Network with agents, venue managers and coaches who can introduce you to new talent
- Reach out to talented athletes and conduct preliminary interviews to understand their motives and professional goals
- Arrange meetings between athletes and coaches or team managers
- Coordinate contract negotiations between athletes and the team
- Watch game footage to gather athletes’ performance stats
- Gather and share with coaches and team managers the new athletes’ personal data (like medical history, athletic background and contact details)
- Work experience as a Talent Scout, Sports Coach, Sports Manager or similar role
- Experience as a college or professional athlete is a plus
- Familiarity with sports contracts and negotiations
- Good at math and statistical analysis
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Availability to travel frequently and to work during evenings and weekends
- A BSc or apprenticeship in sports management is a plus