Physical Therapist responsibilities include:
- Identifying and meeting patients’ goals and needs
- Offering cost-effective treatments that help improve clients’ motion and mobility
- Reducing the need for medications and providing alternatives to surgery
We are looking for a committed Physical Therapist to act as the patient’s partner throughout the trip of restoring motion and ensuring that the client will function at their personal best. You will maximize the quality of life and movement potential within the spheres of promotion, prevention, diagnosis, treatment or intervention, and rehabilitation.
- Identify and meet patients’ goals and needs
- Offer cost-effective treatments that help improve clients’ motion and mobility
- Reduce the need for medications and provide alternatives to surgery
- Develop care plans using a variety of treatment techniques
- Create fitness- and wellness-oriented programs tailored to patients’ specific needs
- Provide quality, personalized and evidence-based care and proven interventions
- Motivate patients during treatment in order to help them function optimally
- Promote clients’ healthy lifestyle by improving strength, flexibility, balance, and coordination
- Consult and practice with other health professionals
- Evaluate effects and monitor and communicate progress
- Document patient care services
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Physical Therapist
- Intensive education and clinical expertise
- Ability to manage patients with different types of personalities
- Current knowledge of treatment practices
- Drive to continually learn and grow
- Professional behaviour
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Valid licence to practice physical therapy
- Graduate degree or greater in physical therapy
Frequently asked questions
What does a Physical Therapist do?
Physical therapists evaluate and record a patient's progress. They help injured or ill people improve movement and manage pain adequately so they can lead productive lives again, even without the need for surgery.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Physical Therapist?
Physical Therapists help patients regain their range of motion while also managing pain well enough so they can live a full life with as few limitations as possible. They will also educate about staying fit in order to prevent future injuries.
What makes a good Physical Therapist?
As a Physical Therapist, compassion is key when dealing with patients with chronic pain. Patience, determination, and integrity are also important. They must also be realistic and respectful with their patients regarding their treatment possibilities.
Who does a Physical Therapist work with?
A career as a Physical Therapist begins with a residency at the end of schooling. Afterward, they may work in a small practice or possibly with a sports team or school where a Physical Therapist is needed. They will work alongside an Athletic Trainer, Recreational Therapist, or Nutritionist/Dietician.