This Physical Therapist Assistant job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
What is a Physical Therapist Assistant?
A Physical Therapist Assistant is a licensed healthcare professional who works under the supervision of a physical therapist to help patients improve their mobility and functional abilities. They provide hands-on treatment, assist with therapeutic exercises, and support patients in their recovery process.
What does a Physical Therapist Assistant do?
A Physical Therapist Assistant implements selected components of care and interventions in a technically competent manner. They instruct and counsel patients in exercises, identify their individual needs, and provide compassionate and empathetic care. They also contribute to treatment planning, document patient progress, and stay updated with the latest research in the field. Ultimately, they play a crucial role in assisting patients in their rehabilitation journey.
Physical Therapist Assistant responsibilities include:
- Implementing selected components of care and interventions in a technically competent manner
- Instructing and counseling patients effectively in exercises
- Identifying patient’s needs and exhibit compassion, caring, and empathy to individual differences
We are seeking an educated and licensed Physical Therapist Assistant to work closely with our physical therapist in providing exceptional care to patients.
Your role will involve helping individuals improve their mobility and functionality as they face medical conditions or limitations.
With your expertise and guidance, our patients will have the opportunity to regain independence and enhance their quality of life.
Join our team and contribute to making a positive impact on the lives of those we serve. Apply now to become an integral part of our dedicated healthcare community.
- Implement selected components of care and interventions in a technically competent manner
- Instruct and counsel patients effectively in exercises
- Identify patient’s needs and exhibit compassion, caring, and empathy to individual differences
- Recommend options, courses of action or modifications in selected treatments ensuring patient’s progress, safety and comfort
- Apply the latest research related to restoring function, reducing symptoms frequency, and preventing injury
- Complete documentation to support the delivery of physical therapy services
- Perform selected data collection and obtain accurate information
- Measure performance and report on patient’s medical record
- Participate in patient status judgments
- Adhere to ethical and legal standards
- Ensure continued competence and updated field knowledge
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as Physical Therapist Assistant
- Excellent knowledge of physiology best practices and standards
- Hands on experience with therapeutic exercises, functional training and physical modalities
- Ability to communicate and instruct effectively
- Health care administration and documentation skills
- Licence to practice or relevant certification
- Associate or BS degree in PTA
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Physical Therapist Assistant do?
- A Physical Therapist Assistant assists physical therapists in providing hands-on treatment and exercises to help patients improve mobility and functional abilities.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Physical Therapist Assistant?
- Duties include implementing care and interventions, instructing patients in exercises, identifying patient needs, documenting progress, and staying updated with research.
- What makes a good Physical Therapist Assistant?
- A good Physical Therapist Assistant demonstrates technical competence, compassion, and empathy towards patients, and stays updated with best practices and standards in physiology.
- Who does a Physical Therapist Assistant work with?
- A Physical Therapist Assistant works closely with physical therapists, collaborating to provide comprehensive care to patients.
- What skills should a Physical Therapist Assistant have?
- Essential skills include knowledge of physiology, therapeutic exercises, effective communication, healthcare administration, and proper documentation.