Chief Talent Officer job description
You can use this Chief Talent Officer job description template to advertise your job openings for senior-level Talent Acquisition and Talent Management roles. Feel free to add or change the responsibilities and requirements sections based on your specific needs.
What is a Chief Talent Officer?
A Chief Talent Officer is in charge of the organization’s internal and external talent acquisition strategy, especially for C-suite candidates (i.e. executives, managers, and team leaders). This is a senior-level role aiming to create high-performance teams that help companies grow. Some companies use the job title ‘Chief People Officer’ for this role.
What does a Chief Talent Officer do?
Chief Talent Officers plan and execute talent acquisition strategies and create talent pipelines for future hiring needs, including executive and leadership roles.
Chief Talent Officer responsibilities include:
- Attracting and recruiting leadership talent
- Evaluating performance and organizing trainings
- Sustaining a healthy and productive workplace
We are looking for a Chief Talent Officer who will support our talent acquisition and development activities.
You will implement regular performance evaluations and be in charge of our employees’ succession planning. You will also partner with different departments to create an equal and collaborative environment.
Ultimately, you will manage all talent aspects of our company and build a workplace that fosters our business objectives and values.
- Establish a talent scouting and recruitment strategy by sourcing and building relationships with candidates
- Research how to improve human operations
- Organize, supervise, and evaluate employee training programs
- Boost the organization’s brand and visibility cooperating with key departments (e.g. Human Resources, Learning and Development)
- Coordinate recruiting events to raise awareness of the company
- Evaluate employee performance and create improvement plans with team leaders
- Explore potential hiring needs and build long-term recruitment and succession plans
- Research and consult on compensation and benefits
- Track and report on turnover rates
- Develop employee retention programs
- Craft policies that support internal promotion
- Supervise onboarding and team-building efforts
- Act as a mentor to employees and guide them in career progression
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Chief Talent Officer or similar role
- Familiarity with performance management software
- Experience organizing and delivering training programs
- Knowledge of labor legislation
- Good understanding of Human Resources tools (e.g. Applicant Tracking Systems)
- Excellent leadership, communication, and networking skills
- Team spirit
- Ability to coach and manage individuals and teams
- BSc/MSc in Human Resources or relevant field
Hiring Chief Talent Officer job description
Post this Chief Talent Officer job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.