Supervisor job description
Supervisors are professionals who oversee the day-to-day operations of an organization by smoothly implementing management decisions in their unit by focusing on a few key points.
This Supervisor job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize for your company.
Supervisor responsibilities include:
- Setting goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision
- Organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching
We are looking for a responsible Supervisor to oversee the workflow at our facilities. The role is a complex one. He/She will not just be someone who supervises the work of others. A supervisor is also responsible for coaching, resolving issues and serving as a link between subordinates and upper management.
The ideal candidate will be a competent individual who will be able to guide and train employees. He/She will be well-versed in processes under the role’s responsibility and will be results-driven and focused.
The goal is to ensure that operations are carried out productively so as to ensure profitability and sustainable growth.
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Receive complaints and resolve problems
- Maintain timekeeping and personnel records
- Pass on information from upper management to employees and vice versa
- Prepare and submit performance reports
- Decide on reward and promotion based on performance
- Hire and train new employees
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as supervisor or relevant role
- Familiarity with company policies and legal guidelines of the field
- Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Diploma/Certificate in first line management or relevant field
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in management or relevant discipline will be considered an advantage
Frequently asked questions
What does a Supervisor do?
Supervisors communicate organizational needs and oversee staff performance to provide guidance and support for individual development needs. These responsibilities lead them towards success within their positions or careers altogether.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Supervisor?
A Supervisor is responsible for managing the workflow and training new hires on how they can best serve customers and teams of employees. They also create schedules that keep everyone busy with deadlines met to prevent gaps or downtime while giving direction and feedback about what needs improvement.
What makes a good Supervisor?
A good Supervisor will always have the ability to problem-solve, manage time pressures calmly and be approachable. They should also possess a relationship of respect and trust between themself as well as their staff members.
Who does a Supervisor work with?
Supervisors often cooperate with members of Office Administration and report the accurate data to their Manager.
Hiring Supervisor job description
Post this Supervisor job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.