Office Coordinator Interview Questions
Office coordinators hold together a business, providing a wide range of administrative and clerical duties. They can be found in all industries, where they work under supervision of an office manager or independently in smaller businesses.
Experience as office coordinator or in customer service can be important for this role depending on your business’s needs. You may also want candidates with some experience in “back-office” or accounting software and general office procedures. However, on-the-job training for talented, motivated people is not uncommon.
During an interview, the best candidates will project a professional image and ask great questions about the role. Look for exceptional communication and IT skills as well as a pleasant attitude. As with all office administration positions, this one involves superior organizational and multi-tasking skills so ask behavioral or situational questions regarding those attributes.
Operational and Situational questions
- If you report to multiple people, how do you prioritize your projects?
- What would be the first thing you would do in the office if you were hired?
- How do you feel about handling multiple phone lines simultaneously? What do you do to avoid confusion?
- If I asked you to find ways to improve efficiency in the office, where would you start?
- What daily duties does an office coordinator have? How would you prioritize them?
- What office software are you familiar with?
- How do you use technology to stay organized?
- How fast can you type?
- What do you do to protect confidential information?
- How do you ensure accuracy in routine tasks such as processing expenses and preparing reports?
- Who would you consider your most challenging customer (internal or external)?
- How do you ensure all company policies are implemented in the office?
- Tell me about a time you found it hard to multi-task. What did you do to fulfil all your responsibilities on time?
- Recall a time you worked efficiently in a team. What was your biggest contribution?
- Describe a time you made a suggestion for the office that saved money or time