Staffing Specialist responsibilities include:
- Advertising job openings across multiple channels (e.g. job boards, careers pages and social platforms.)
- Coordinating with department managers and team leaders to identify current and future hiring needs.
- Attending job fairs and organizing in-house recruitment events.
We are looking for a Staffing Specialist to manage our company’s short-term and long-term hiring needs.
Staffing Specialist responsibilities include advertising job openings across multiple channels, attending job fairs and coordinating interviews (both phone and in-person.) To be successful in this role, you should have an academic background in HR along with relevant work experience. If you’re interested in managing recruiting procedures, from attracting candidates to placing new hires, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure our company recruits and retains qualified employees, while nurturing a healthy and productive work environment.
- Advertise job openings across multiple channels (e.g. job boards, careers pages and social platforms)
- Coordinate with department managers and team leaders to identify current and future hiring needs
- Attend job fairs and organize in-house recruitment events
- Manage candidates’ information (e.g. resumes and contact details) in our Applicant Tracking System
- Conduct pre-employment screening, like getting references and performing background checks
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual hiring status reports
- Design procedures for each hiring stage, including assessments and interview questions
- Liaise with college alumni associations
- Ensure proper onboarding for new hires
- Proven work experience as a Staffing Specialist, Staffing Coordinator or similar role
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) and resume databases
- Experience with interviewing and evaluating candidates (using phone/Skype screening, structured interviews and tests)
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to maintain updated physical and digital employee records
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of labor legislation
- BSc in Human Resources Management or relevant field