Use this Hiring Specialist job description template to attract and recruit qualified candidates for your Human Resources department.
Hiring Specialist responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all hiring stages from sourcing to onboarding
- Advertising open roles on various channels including job boards, professional social networks and our careers page
- Coordinating our internal hiring process
We are looking for a Hiring Specialist to source, attract, evaluate and recruit qualified candidates for various positions and seniority levels.
Hiring Specialist responsibilities include developing short-term and long-term hiring plans, advertising our open positions and sourcing candidates both online and offline (for example during career days.) To be successful in this role, you should have full-cycle recruiting experience and excellent communication skills.
Ultimately, you will ensure we offer a positive candidate experience and meet our hiring needs.
- Oversee all hiring stages from sourcing to onboarding
- Advertise open roles on various channels including job boards, professional social networks and our careers page
- Coordinate our internal hiring process
- Screen resumes and application forms based on essential criteria
- Interview candidates via phone, video and in-person
- Track key recruiting metrics like time-to-hire and source of hire
- Reach out to potential candidates and build relationships for future job opportunities (for example via LinkedIn or email)
- Send job offer letters and negotiate terms
- Process employment forms
- Liaise with hiring managers to forecast staffing needs
- Host or participate in job fairs
- Promote our company as a great place to work
- Work experience as a Hiring Specialist, Recruiter or similar role
- Experience with Human Resources Management Software and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Familiarity using social networks to post job ads and source candidates
- Knowledge of labor legislation
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills with the ability to juggle various open positions
- BSc in Human Resources Management or relevant field