Use this Social Media Copywriter job description template to attract and hire qualified employees for your Marketing department. Similar job titles include Social Media Coordinator and Social Media Manager.
Social Media Copywriter responsibilities include:
- Writing, editing and publishing engaging content for various social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Optimizing social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audience’s behaviors
- Selecting appealing images and videos to complement text
We are looking for a Social Media Copywriter to interact with our customers and promote our products and services on social networks.
Social Media Copywriter responsibilities include updating our social media pages, responding to followers and tracking user engagement. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent web content writing skills and experience advertising on multiple social networks.
Ultimately, you will ensure we maintain a strong online voice and brand consistent with our marketing goals.
- Write, edit and publish engaging posts for various social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Optimize social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audience’s behaviors
- Select appealing images and videos to complement text
- Update our social media pages with compelling company news
- Coordinate with internal teams to create advertising posts (e.g. for events, open roles and product releases)
- Track and report on social media insights (traffic, engagement, shares, conversion rates)
- Apply advertising techniques to boost brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Respond to questions and comments on our social media pages in a timely and accurate manner
- Network with clients and industry professionals
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Copywriter or similar role
- Hands-on experience using various social media platforms to advertise
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Familiarity with online paid advertising
- Ability to deliver creative web content (text, image and video)
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc in Marketing, Communications or relevant field