This Social Media Analyst job description template is designed to help you attract qualified candidates and is easy to post to online job boards and careers pages. For more senior level roles, check our Social Media Manager or Social Media Specialist job descriptions.
Social Media Analyst responsibilities include:
- Analyzing user engagement (e.g. click-through and bounce rates)
- Reporting on web traffic for all social media
- Building and supporting SEO strategies by implementing keyword priorities into content marketing projects
We are looking for a Social Media Analyst to monitor our social media initiatives and implement successful marketing practices.
For this role, you should have a deep understanding of how different social networks operate and be familiar with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for online content. If you’re a tech-savvy professional with interest in the latest trends in digital technologies, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should strengthen our online presence and increase our brand awareness through effective social media strategies and campaigns.
- Analyze user engagement (e.g. click-through and bounce rates)
- Report on web traffic from all social media
- Build and support SEO strategies, including optimizing keywords in content marketing projects
- Identify habits of our online customers and suggest ways to reach a broader audience
- Maintain a cohesive strategy across all platforms to increase our brand awareness
- Coordinate with the Social Media Manager and the Marketing department to design advertising campaigns
- Ensure timely responses to customers and followers’ queries and comments
- Advise other employees on their social media activity (e.g. how to respond to comments and questions by customers and what to share on personal or company accounts)
- Research how emerging social networks and features can benefit our company
- Update our social media company policy, when necessary
- Previous work experience as a Social Media Analyst, Social Media Coordinator or similar role
- Hands-on experience with social media platforms and digital marketing campaigns
- In-depth understanding of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Experience with social media management tools, like Buffer and Hootsuite
- Familiarity with online content (experience with WordPress and content management systems is preferred)
- Ability to identify target audience preferences and trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management and multitasking skills
- BSc in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Additional qualifications in digital technologies or social media management is a plus