Copywriter responsibilities include:
- Writing clear, compelling copy for various mediums (e.g. ads, blog posts, newsletters)
- Conducting thorough research and interviews
- Working with creative professionals to build marketing projects and campaigns
We are looking for a creative Copywriter to write clear and concise copy for ads, publications and websites. Your words will inform and engage target audiences.
Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled and imaginative writer with an eye for detail. If you can grasp project requirements quickly and offer valuable insight, we’d like to meet you.
Submit up to three writing samples, so we can get an idea of your best work. Feel free to include links to your content or portfolio in your application.
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages)
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach
- Source images and other content
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with SEO
- Strong research skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- BSc/BA in marketing, English, journalism or related field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Copywriter do?
- The Copywriter's job has become multifaceted, as companies want their brand communicated through every channel possible. Copywriters are often writing engaging, creative content that is also clear and concise. They create ads or marketing materials for various audiences in many industries across different fields like technology & healthcare.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Copywriter?
- Copywriters are responsible for producing engaging, straightforward text adapted to different advertising channels like websites or print ads. Their job includes researching keywords to make interesting written content and proofreading their work.
- What makes a Good Copywriter?
- Copywriters are often witty, charming people who have an eye for detail. They're often eager to gain deeper insight into the subject matters they’re writing for. In addition, they are thick-skinned so as not to let those minor setbacks get them down.
- Who does a Copywriter work with?
- Copywriters are found in industries, including marketing, medical, and travel. They can work alongside other writers, such as Social Media Copywriters.