Content Writer job description
A Content Writer is a professional who writes informative and engaging articles to help brands showcase their products. They write on a range of subjects and are responsible for creating the best possible written or visual content, from blog posts to press releases.
Content Writer responsibilities include:
- Researching industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Writing clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Preparing well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
We are looking for a Content Writer to join our editorial team and enrich our websites with new blog posts, guides and marketing copy.
Content Writer responsibilities include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types and proofreading articles before publication. If you’re familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, we’d like to meet you. Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
Ultimately, you’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Prepare well-structured drafts using Content Management Systems
- Proofread and edit blog posts before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Promote content on social media
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Update website content as needed
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Familiarity with web publications
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Content Writer do?
Content Writers are responsible for creating engaging written pieces of copy that can be used in digital and print media. They work with clients to produce articles on a variety of topics, which they then use as an opportunity to advertise their services or educate consumers about relevant information related to the brand's offerings.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Content Writer?
A Content Writer is typically responsible for researching topics, creating style guides for a company’s content, and writing content that helps drive conversions based on the organization’s goals.
What makes a good Content Writer?
A good Content Writer must have excellent research skills since they will need to understand various topics, what customers are searching for, and the needs of their organization. They also need to have good writing skills since they will write different types of content to help their organization sell products and services.
Who does a Content Writer work with?
A Content Writer typically works with a marketing team, and they are supervised by a Marketing Manager who ensures content is produced on time and meets the organization’s needs.
Hiring Content Writer job description
Post this Content Writer job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.