Content Strategist job description
Use this Content Strategist job description template to attract and hire qualified candidates. Feel free to modify job duties and requirements based on your company’s needs.
Content Strategist responsibilities include:
- Managing our editorial calendar to ensure timely publication
- Assigning blog posts to writers
- Identifying gaps in our content and recommending new topics
We are looking for a Content Strategist to manage all writing material we create for business purposes, from online guides and articles to newsletters and social media posts.
Content Strategist responsibilities include publishing our monthly newsletter, tracking website traffic and user engagement and generating new blog post topics. If you have creative ideas about how to engage our audience online and have experience producing new content types, we’d like to meet you. Please share a portfolio or links to your published work, along with your application.
Ultimately, you will ensure our web content is on brand and adds value to existing and potential customers.
- Manage our editorial calendar to ensure timely publication
- Assign blog posts to writers
- Identify gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Create style guides to use as reference
- Proofread and edit written pieces before publication
- Schedule social media posts
- Conduct keyword and SEO research to understand customers’ needs
- Monitor web traffic and engagement (e.g. conversions and bounce rates)
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Follow industry-related news and generate ideas around trending topics
- Review and update published content as needed
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Content Strategist, Content Manager or similar role
- A portfolio of published articles
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems, like WordPress
- Basic understanding of HTML and web publishing
- Familiarity with SEO guidelines and keyword research tools (e.g. Moz and Google Keyword Planner)
- Experience using social media for business
- Solid writing and editing skills in English
- Time-management skills
- Ability to guide and motivate team members
- BSc in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field
Hiring Content Strategist job description
Post this Content Strategist job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.