We are looking for a qualified Content manager to join our team. You will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve our business goals. Your duties will also include sharing content to raise brand awareness and monitoring web traffic and metrics to identify best practices.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills. As a Content manager, you should perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented. If you are also an expert in content optimization and brand consistency, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should be able to oversee all marketing content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency and a positive customer experience.
- Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout
- Create and publish engaging content
- Edit, proofread and improve writers’ posts
- Liaise with content writers to ensure brand consistency
- Optimize content according to SEO
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Develop an editorial calendar and ensure content team is on board
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Content manager
- Hands on experience with MS Office and WordPress
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- BSc degree in Journalism, Marketing or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
What does a Content Manager do?
The Content Manager is responsible for ensuring that the organization's brand ideals and website are upheld. They must familiarize themselves with all aspects of their company, including its web presence, to create appropriate targeted creative pieces that support desired objectives and help establish an engaging strategy on how best these intentions will be achieved across different platforms.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Content Manager?
The Content Manager is responsible for developing a strategic plan that ensures the ongoing success of their organization's online presence. They are tasked with writing blog posts, updating existing web pages, and creating new ones based on current events or industry trends; they also maintain an editorial calendar, so deadlines don't get missed. They promote their company’s work through social media channels like Facebook pages & Twitter handles.
What makes a good Content Manager?
A Content Manager must be excellent at coming up with creative ideas and communicating them effectively. They possess strong leadership skills as they will oversee the production process from beginning to end. The ideal Content Manager also has detailed knowledge of current online marketing trends.
Who does a Content Manager work with?
Content Managers work with writers who create the content to embody the company’s ideals. Once the writing is complete, they are sent to Content Editors, who then proofread and restructure the content to better fit the company's desires.