Retail HR Manager job description
Use this Retail HR Manager job description template to attract and hire qualified HR professionals for your retail store.
Retail HR Manager responsibilities include:
- Forecasting hiring needs, particularly at peak seasons
- Designing and posting job ads to attract qualified candidates for in-store junior and senior positions
- Reporting on employee turnover rates (monthly, quarterly and annually)
We are looking for a Retail HR Manager to oversee our store’s HR and recruiting procedures, from attracting and hiring candidates to evaluating and motivating employees.
Retail HR Manager responsibilities include posting effective job ads on job boards and social networks, setting up performance evaluation programs and keeping track of important metrics. If you have experience in a senior HR role and are familiar with labor legislation that applies to retail staff, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure we attract, hire and retain qualified employees for our store.
- Forecast hiring needs, particularly at peak seasons
- Design and post job ads to attract qualified candidates for in-store junior and senior positions
- Calculate and report on employee turnover rates (monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Plan attractive compensation and benefits packages to increase retention
- Onboard and train new hires
- Track key recruiting metrics like cost-per-hire and source of hire
- Manage payroll considering overtime, flexible schedules and seasonal employment
- Train team leaders on performance evaluation techniques
- Liaise with college career offices to inform graduates about internships and junior positions
- Use social networks to showcase our company culture and build a strong employer brand
- Maintain physical and digital employee records
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as an HR Manager, preferably in the retail industry
- Hands-on experience with sourcing and evaluating candidates for various seniority levels
- Good understanding of labor legislation including regulations about flexible types of employment
- Knowledge of payroll systems and HR databases
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- BSc in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or similar field
Hiring Retail HR Manager job description
Post this Retail HR Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.