Use this Recruitment Assistant job description template to attract qualified people who can support and improve your hiring process.
What is a Recruitment Assistant?
A Recruitment Assistant is a professional who supports recruiting teams by coordinating hiring activities, scheduling interviews, screening resumes, and maintaining candidate databases. They assist with onboarding and handle administrative tasks to ensure a smooth hiring process.
What does a Recruitment Assistant do?
A Recruitment Assistant is responsible for coordinating hiring activities, scheduling interviews, screening resumes, and maintaining candidate databases. They assist with onboarding processes and handle administrative tasks such as drafting offer letters and preparing job ads. Additionally, they support interviewers and candidates by managing calendars and resolving issues promptly. A Recruitment Assistant plays a crucial role in ensuring efficient and organized recruitment processes within an organization.
Recruitment Assistant responsibilities include:
- Supporting recruiting teams with clerical duties
- Scheduling interviews and balancing calendars for interviewers and candidates
- Helping with initial applicant screening
We are seeking a Recruitment Assistant to provide support in our recruitment and onboarding endeavors.
Your key responsibilities will include scheduling calls and interviews, maintaining our candidate database, and handling administrative paperwork.
Your contribution will be instrumental in ensuring our hiring process is streamlined and efficient.
If you have prior experience in recruiting and possess excellent organizational and communication skills, we would be delighted to meet you.
Join our team and play a vital role in helping us attract and onboard top talent.
- Coordinate hiring activities
- Undertake clerical duties (e.g. answering emails and drafting offer letters)
- Prepare and post job ads online
- Help with resume screening and initial phone screens
- Schedule interviews and keep calendars for all hiring teams and candidates
- Greet and assist interviewees onsite
- Coordinate travel for fly-in candidates
- Process background checks
- Maintain candidate database
- Handle records and paperwork
- Resolve issues as fast as possible (e.g. interview cancellations)
- Assist with new hire onboarding (e.g. preparing documents, coordinating orientation agendas)
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as Recruitment Assistant or other recruiting-related role
- Familiarity with hiring practices and stages (screening, interview, assessment, onboarding)
- Experience using recruiting software and social networks for recruiting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Great attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills
- Problem-solving ability
- BSc/BA in HR, Business or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Recruitment Assistant do?
- A Recruitment Assistant supports recruiting teams by coordinating hiring activities, scheduling interviews, screening resumes, and maintaining candidate databases.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Recruitment Assistant?
- The duties and responsibilities of a Recruitment Assistant include coordinating hiring activities, scheduling interviews, screening resumes, preparing job ads, maintaining candidate databases, and assisting with onboarding processes.
- What makes a good Recruitment Assistant?
- A good Recruitment Assistant is organized, detail-oriented, and possesses strong communication and problem-solving skills. They work well independently and as part of a team, have a good understanding of hiring practices, and are proficient in using recruiting software and social networks.
- Who does a Recruitment Assistant work with?
- A Recruitment Assistant works with recruiting teams, interviewers, candidates, and other stakeholders involved in the hiring process within the organization.
- What skills should a Recruitment Assistant have?
- A Recruitment Assistant should have proven experience in a recruiting-related role, familiarity with hiring practices, proficiency in recruiting software and social networks, strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, outstanding communication skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.