Use this Recruitment Specialist job description template to advertise your job openings and attract qualified candidates for your organization.
Recruitment Specialist responsibilities include:
- Sourcing and reaching out to qualified candidates for current open roles
- Serving as a go-between for candidates and hiring managers
- Coordinating the hiring process end-to-end
We are looking for a Recruitment Specialist to undertake all hiring activities, from advertising open roles to interviewing candidates and closing hires.
Recruitment Specialist responsibilities include connecting with potential candidates online and offline, screening applications and supporting hiring managers. If you have experience evaluating candidates for roles of various fields and seniority levels, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for hiring qualified people while maintaining a positive candidate experience.
- Build and report on quarterly and annual hiring plans
- Create and publish job ads in various portals
- Network with potential hires through professional groups on social media and during events
- Collaborate with hiring managers to set qualification criteria for future employees
- Screen resumes and job applications
- Conduct initial phone screens to create shortlists of qualified candidates
- Interview candidates in-person for a wide range of roles (junior, senior and executive)
- Track hiring metrics including time-to-hire, time-to-fill and source of hire
- Design, distribute and measure the results of candidate experience surveys
- Train and advise hiring managers on interviewing techniques and assessment methods
- Host and participate in job fairs
- Follow up with candidates throughout the hiring process
- Maintain a database of potential candidates for future job openings
- Proven experience as a Recruitment Specialist, Recruiter or similar role
- Hands-on experience with the largest job sites like Monster and Indeed
- Knowledge of sourcing techniques on social media and niche professional websites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Github and Stack Overflow
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Team spirit
- BSc in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration or relevant field