This is a Recruiting Coordinator job description template to attract candidates who are able to manage the full recruitment cycle for your company. It is also easy to customize to meet your specific job requirements for this position.
What is a Recruiting Coordinator?
A Recruiting Coordinator plays a crucial role in managing the hiring process from beginning to end. They support the recruitment team in attracting and evaluating candidates, scheduling and conducting interviews, and overseeing hiring paperwork. Recruiting Coordinators may work full-time or part-time, leveraging their expertise in HR best practices and innovative thinking to ensure effective talent acquisition.
What does a Recruiting Coordinator do?
Recruiting Coordinator responsibilities include attracting candidates, evaluating resumes, scheduling and conducting interviews, and managing the hiring paperwork. They should possess strong communication skills and demonstrate confidence in sourcing potential candidates. Creative thinking and timely project completion are highly valued attributes in this role.
Recruiting Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing overall recruiting strategy
- Consulting with managers to discover staff requirements and specific job objectives
- Writing and posting job descriptions on career websites, newspapers and universities boards
Hiring a recruiting coordinator? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
A Recruiting Coordinator is a talented professional who joins our team to actively engage in the end-to-end hiring process.
You will play a key role in attracting candidates, evaluating resumes, conducting interviews, and managing hiring paperwork.
As a skilled Recruiting Coordinator, you possess in-depth knowledge of HR best practices and bring innovative ideas to the table.
Strong communication skills and a confident approach as a headhunter are highly desired. We value individuals who think outside the box and demonstrate a track record of completing projects in a timely manner.
Your primary responsibility will be to effectively manage our full recruitment cycle, ensuring that we consistently meet our staff requirements and acquire top talent for our organization.
- Design and implement overall recruiting strategy
- Consult with managers to discover staff requirements and specific job objectives
- Write and post job descriptions on career websites, newspapers and universities boards
- Source candidates by using databases and social media
- Evaluate and screen resumes and cover letters
- Use recruiting tools like tests and assignments to assess candidates’ skills
- Conduct phone, Skype and/or in-person interviews
- Provide a shortlist of qualified candidates to hiring managers
- Help the hiring team with recruiting methods and interview questions
- Contact new employees and prepare onboarding sessions
- Prepare new hire paperwork ensuring legislation requirements are met
- Maintain a complete record of interviews and new hires
- Stay up-to-date with current recruiting methods
- Attend job fairs and careers events
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Recruiting coordinator or recruiter
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete projects within deadline
- Solid knowledge of HR policies and best practices
- Hands on experience with various selection processes like phone interviews and reference checks
- Ability to conduct different types of interviews (e.g. structured, competency based and behavioral)
- Familiarity with HR databases, applicant tracking systems and candidate management systems
- Ability to use psychometric tests and other assessment tools
- Familiarity with social media, especially LinkedIn
- BSc degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology or relevant field
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Recruiting Coordinator do?
- A Recruiting Coordinator manages the entire hiring process, including candidate attraction, resume evaluation, interview scheduling, and hiring paperwork management.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Recruiting Coordinator?
- The duties of a Recruiting Coordinator include attracting candidates, evaluating resumes, scheduling and conducting interviews, and managing the hiring paperwork.
- What makes a good Recruiting Coordinator?
- A good Recruiting Coordinator possesses thorough knowledge of HR best practices, innovative thinking, strong communication skills, and the ability to think outside the box while completing projects in a timely manner.
- Who does a Recruiting Coordinator work with?
- A Recruiting Coordinator collaborates with the recruitment team, hiring managers, and other stakeholders within the organization to ensure a smooth and effective hiring process.